What is a tinted makeup? What is the best drugstore tinted moisturizer with SPF for different skin tones and that is cheap? Here’s a list of top rated, inexpensive organic and waterproof tinted moisturizers (with reviews) that you can find at your local drug stores.
Tinted moisturizer is more than just a hydrating makeup. As the name sounds, it is just like a makeup foundation but it does a little bit more than that because it hydrates your skin and keeps it fresh, dewy, illuminated and healthy. We all have different skin types, starting from oily skin to acne prone skin, dry skin and other types. You would imagine that only people with skin that dries easilyare the ones who need to use the good drugstore moisturizers listed below.
Contrary to that, almost all skin tones and types can make use of a high quality moisturizer, especially moisturizers with SPF. Be it dark skin tone girls, fair skin tone, tanned complexion, medium, olive and brown skin tone. The advantage of tinted makeup is that it has a color tint added to it, which means that it will give you some coverage as well especially if you have blemishes or uneven skin tone or bags and circles under eyes. What’s more, they are long wear and keep your skin hydrated. Here’s a list of the best drugstore tinted moisturizer products you should not miss out on.
Top Tinted Moisturizer Brands – Inexpensive
- Top Tinted Moisturizer Brands – Inexpensive
- Best Drugstore Tinted Moisturizer with SPF (Sunscreen)
- Best Drugstore Tinted Moisturizer for Oily Skin with Large Pores
- Good Drugstore Tinted Moisturizer for Acne Prone Skin
- Best Cheap Tinted Moisturizer with Reviews at Drug Stores
Most drugstore makeup products are inexpensive, but the challenge of finding a top quality moisturizer that will keep your skin hydrated while preventing excess oil or shine can be a challenge. However, after analyzing lots of reviews and ratings, here’s a list of the VERY BEST 4tinted coverage moisturizers you can find at drugstores at a bargain price for their good quality.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free Nude SPF 20 (reviews rate it 4.3 stars out of 5.)
- Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 (rated 4.1 out of 5 stars)
- Physicians Formula Tinted Moisturizer
- Elf Moisturizer
There are all sorts of formulations in the market, some of them are mineral based with SPF to protect against UV damage while others are meant to just brighten up dull skin as they hydrate it. But can you find drugstore moisturizer that is organic or waterproof. Below, we will look at waterproof tinted moisturizer and good organic moisturizers with color tint.
Best Organic Tinted Moisturizer at Drugstores
Natural moisturizers would be the best. Why? Because they may not have bad chemicals that will affect the skin, cause breakouts or cause wrinkles under eyes. There is no much difference since top rated drugstore moisturizers such as Physician’s Formula are made with natural ingredients.
Therefore, when choosing a good inexpensive organic moisturizer, look for natural ingredients such as aloe vera, jojoba oil, lavender, leaf and hibiscus extracts, cucumber fruit extracts (good for preventing under eye circles) and shea butter. Some of them will have a mineral tint that complements most skin tones. A good pick for you would be the Andalou Naturals BB All-in-One Beauty Balm, Sheer Tint, SPF30. It gives a natural finish and coverage, and is not irritating to the skin. Don’t forget that there are organic moisturizers with SPF too.
Waterproof Tinted Moisturizer at Walmart and Drug Stores
Sweatproof, waterproof, long wear…you name it. A face makeup product is not good enough if it does not last long or washes away easily especially when you sweat. If you have an oily skin in particular, a sweatproof drugstore moisturizer is exactly what you should be looking for. See below good moisturizers for oily skin.
When summer comes knocking, getting waterproof makeup with sunscreen is definitely the focus. An additional feature would be to get anti-aging creams as well. When choosing waterproof summer makeup, consider these:
- The product should give you a natural touch of color that will keep your radiance
- It should give you the glow when everyone will seem dull during summer
- Should hydrate a summer dry skin adequately while without forcing you to use a towel all the time to deal with sweat
- Finally, the best drugstore waterproof moisturizer should be a long wear product so that you can only do very minimal touchups during the day. Cover FX Skin Tint is your go-to product for extra hydration while remaining waterproof.
Best Drugstore Tinted Moisturizer with SPF (Sunscreen)
As you can see above, color tinted moisturizers with sunscreen are definitely the very best in the market since they protect your skin from further damage, especially during winter or if you walk in the sun. The battle for the best SPF moisturizers is tough, so if finding one with the highest sunscreen strength is your need, here are good drugstore moisturizers with SPF in high amounts:
- Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer SPF 50, Light to Natural
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30
- NARS Pure Radiant Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm
- Elf Now Studio Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
Best Drugstore Tinted Moisturizer for Oily Skin with Large Pores
Most women tend to appear cakier during winter. The reason for this is the layers of too much makeup including foundation, blush, eye creams, SPF and moisturizer. The situation gets worse for those who have an oily skin type. Your makeup can peel and cake due to the extra oil your skin produces underneath. Here are tips for choosing the best drugstore tinted moisturizer for oily skin with large pores.
- Oil Free or Matte: Since your skin produces too much sebum already, ensure that you get a good face lotion that is oil free or is matte. It will help you deal with the extra shine that appears on the bridge of your nose at midday.
- Lightweight: Although full coverage is everything when it comes to foundations for oily skin, you do not want to block and clog those large pores. Therefore, get a lightweight moisturizer from your local drug store. It should be inexpensive though.
- Pore Minimizing: Pore minimizing primers and foundations are very popular for people who have an oily skin with large pores. The same goes for bb creams and moisturizer. Go for one that will reduce those large pores.
- Long wear or Long Lasting: Long lasting foundations such as Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer Moisturizer for oily skin are good because they wear for long. It costs only $9.03 at Drugstore.
Good Drugstore Tinted Moisturizer for Acne Prone Skin
Acne prone skin moisturizers should not worsen the situation or cause you more breakouts. If you have a sensitive acne prone skin, get products that do not have allergens for your skin, or those designed to be used on skin with regular pimple breakouts. Since oil is the main cause of those breakouts, a good drugstore moisturizer for acne prone skin is one that will absorb excess oil and give you a sheer finish.
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer is not only cheap but also great for a skin with acne scars, blemishes and dark spots. Clinique also have Clinique Moisture Surgethat gives similar coverage for your skin. The Smashbox one also anti-aging benefits.
Best Cheap Tinted Moisturizer with Reviews at Drug Stores
A good product doesn’t always have to be expensive. Good drugstore moisturizers can also be found for cheap. While some of the very best may cost between $20 and $60, it is important to note that a multi-tasking product will give you the perfect value for your money. Here are reviews of some of the products we have listed above:
Debbie69: “This is an excellent light weight moisturizer which provides good coverage. This shade is a natural light brown and hides imperfections nicely. It is also very good for acne prone skin and will not cause any problems…It looks like you are almost not wearing any make up and creates a natural, healthy look. I love it!” – OnLaura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free Nude SPF 20 Reviews on UK.Spacenk.com.
“Loved this when I went on my recent trip to Disneyland, it gave wonderful coverage and didn’t melt off my face in the 95 degree weather! It’s super easy to blend, the smell is just a little too strong for me.” – Physicians Formula Tinted Moisturizer Review on Ulta.com
You can see more reviews by clicking the product links provided above.Tinted moisturizers for African Americans are also available. In most cases, color tint means that you need to get a nude shade that will retain your skin tone just perfectly. Look at these moisturizers like lip balm or lip gloss. You want something that will hydrate your skin without conflicting with your shade or complexion. Therefore, if you are a fair skin girl, choose the right beige for your skin tone. Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier have different shades that are suitable for different skin tones and shades, including brown girls or African Americans.