There are many reasons why people feel the urge to lighten their skin. This could be so as to attain an even skin tone, get rid of scars or make their skin lighter than it is at the moment. The use of readily available products plays a great role on how to lighten skin naturally. We explore various methods on how to undertake this including natural skin lightening using home remedies.
Skin bleaching is one of the most sought after topics in the recent past. What do celebrities use to bleach their skin safely? Yes, safety is a major factor here. There are many side effects of skin whitening. For that reason, learning how to whiten skin naturally at home is important. If you want to do it fast or overnight, there may or may not be the fastest natural skin whitening solution.
How to lighten skin fast, whiten skin really fast with lemon, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and milk
- How to lighten skin fast, whiten skin really fast with lemon, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and milk
- How to Lighten Skin permanently or forever
- How to Lighten Skin Naturally or Natural skin lightening
- How to whiten skin overnight naturally at home
- Natural Skin Lightening Ingredients
- Home Remedies to Lighten Skin Naturally at Home
- Using milk to lighten skin naturally
- Tips and Precautions
How fast can you reduce your skin pigmentation? How can you get rid of dark spots and dark pigmentation fast or quickly and naturally? Skin discoloration on face, dark underarms and dark elbows can be a source of embarrassment that you may want to get rid fast. But how can you lighten skin fast and permanently?
Baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, honey and lime are some of the most commonly discussed ingredients for fast skin whitening at home. Below, we have discussed various ways to fade dark spots, lighten skin discoloration and some of the most effective ingredients to help you get a fair complexion fast. These ingredients will help you if you are looking to lighten skin after sunburn, after pregnancy and after swimming in chlorinated water.
How to Lighten Skin permanently or forever
Can you lighten dark skin permanently or forever? Is it sustainable? The color of the skin that you have depends on the amount of melanin present in your skin. Given your natural skin color, there are times when you may attain uneven skin color tone from dark spots, sun burns from exposure to the sun or the use of wrong cosmetic products. There also are persons who may not be contented with their skin color.
Fortunately, irrespective of what type of dark skin is being lightened, the methods used are the same. Natural ways to lighten skin mostly involve shutting down the production of melanin. When they are used over a long time, these make specific cells lose the ability to form skin pigmentation as well as the ability to pass any residual pigment to the relevant cells. When this happens, permanent skin lightening is achieved.
How to Lighten Skin Naturally or Natural skin lightening
Whatever the reason is for doing it, there are many different ways on how to lighten skin naturally. These are effective yet affordable. Their effect is also gradual and gives people time to adjust. We discuss some of the various ways on how to lighten skin naturally for African Americans, people with dark spots, hyperpigmentation and age spots below.
These are rich in vitamin C which is great for the development of the skin as well as its health. Tomato juice also contains bleaching properties and can be used to lighten dark skin naturally. This makes it quite effective for skin lightening. It is also acidic in nature and can help in balancing the pH of the skin. Antioxidants found in it help to fight off free radicals which can be a contributing factor to the darkening of the skin. There are many ways through which tomatoes can be used for dark skin lightening. We sample some below.
- Cut some fresh tomatoes into circles and place the slices on the skin to be lightened. You could also rub the slices on the skin. Leave the juice to dry on the skin after which you wash it off. You could also grate the tomato to extract its pulp. Apply this on the skin and leave it to dry after which you wash it off.
- You could also mix tomato juice with butter milk, lemon juice or avocado with it. Mash the ingredients together and apply the resulting mask on the skin. Leave the treatment on the skin for 30 minutes before washing it off.
Aloe Vera for fair skin
This herb contains Aloesin. This is a compound that helps in inhibiting tyrosinase activity. This way the melanin production is controlled resulting in a fairer skin. Other than lightening the skin, aloe vera yields many other skin benefits such as acting as an antioxidant.
- Get a fresh aloe leaf and cut it open.
- Using a spoon, scoop some of its gel and apply it on the skin.
- Allow this to rest on the skin for 30 minutes.
- Repeat procedure up to four times in a day and reduce frequency with time.
- Where you cannot get the leaves, purchase aloesin extract or aloe gel and use it in the same way on the skin.
This is another great product that will help take away unwanted pigmentation from the skin. It is a great product when making skin care products at home.
- Peel a big sized mature cucumber.
- Chop this into some tiny pieces and blend them until a consistent paste is acquired.
- Apply this paste on area of treatment and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Rub off the treatment and wash the area with water.
Use almonds to get fair glowing skin overnight
Regular use of almond paste will leave you with a lighter and glowing skin.
- Soak some almonds in water for a night.
- In the morning, peel them and mash until they achieve consistency.
- Add some little honey and mix well.
- Apply this on the face and let it dry before washing off with warm water.
Egg whites are beneficial to the skin. They can be used to lighten skin naturally and get rid of dark spots fast.
- Start off by cleansing your face
- Separate the yolk and the egg white.
- Beat the egg white and use a cotton ball to apply it on the skin.
- Wash off after 15 minutes.
This remedy is a great exfoliating product. It helps to get rid of dead skin cells as well as get rid of toxins. To use it for quick skin lightening purposes:
- Mix oatmeal and tomato juice to make a thick paste.
- Rub the resulting mixture on the area of the skin you want lightened.
- Allow it to rest for at least 20 minutes before rubbing it off and rinsing with warm water.
- Repeat procedure daily until desired results are achieved.
Licorice Root Extract
This is a popularly used remedy for various skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It contains the gabridin which helps in reducing production of melanin and thus lighten skin. It is a great treatment for scars and dark spots on the skin.
- Get some licorice root and boil it.
- Allow this to cool before straining it.
- Apply the extract on the skin and leave it overnight.
How to whiten skin overnight naturally at home
Can you lighten skin overnight naturally? Overnight skin whitening cannot be achieved without serious bleaching ingredients, some of which can be unsafe. However, you can get fair skin fast or lighten skin tone overnight and quickly with strong bleaching ingredients such as hydrogen peroxide and arbutin.
However, other effective overnight dark skin whitening options include skin melanin surgery and some quick action creams. However, these are not natural methods. It is almost not possible to lighten skin overnight at home or naturally.
According to CareTricks, one of the easiest ways on how to whiten skin overnight and naturally is to try and make it clear. You can get clear skin overnight on your face and arms by clearing oils and dirt using lemon juice. “Citric acid in lemon cleans skin naturally and vitamin C helps in reducing the darkness and dark.”
Exfoliation can also help you whiten skin in a day or two, or in a week. Making a paste of natural ingredients such as aloe gel and water as well as honey will help you get a clear skin and a lighter skin by one or two shades. Some people have noted that overnight dark skin lightening using natural ingredients is almost not possible.
Natural Skin Lightening Ingredients
The use of natural skin lightening compounds goes a long way in accomplishing the desired complexion. In addition to the remedies discussed above, we discuss other natural products that can be incorporated in skin care recipes and facial masks as well as some that can be used as they are to achieve desired results.
Dark skin pigmentation results from the process of melanin production. Tyrosinase activity is vital in the process as it is what controls melanin synthesis. Mulberry contains flavonoids that help in the inhibition of tyrosinase activity. When used on the skin, it will with time result in lightening of dark parts as well as yield a lighter skin tone. Apply it every day on your skin or incorporate it in other remedies to increase effectiveness.
The benefits of coconut oil go beyond cooking. It bears many skin health benefits and its usage is simple. To get your skin lightened using coconut oil, wash up your face and using a cotton ball dipped in coconut oil, rub it on the skin. Allow this to remain on your skin without washing it off. You can also add the oil into your home made skin care regimen.
Kojic Acid to lighten dark spots on skin
This is a natural compound that is derived from mushrooms. It results as an end product of fungal metabolism. This is also a byproduct of rice wine. The acid inhibits production of melanin production by interfering with tyronise activity. This leads to the dark skin spots lightening up naturally. This remedy can cause skin irritation and should therefore be used with caution.
In case you have a sensitive skin, you may want to look for other options. Before using it on large parts of the skin test a small patch. You can get a teaspoon of kojic acid and mix it with your regular cream, lotion or gel. Use the skin care product on the affected area twice each day until results are achieved.
Natural Skin Lightening Soaps
Incorporating the use of soaps in the skin lightening regimen is important. This is because it becomes a daily skin care routine. These soaps come in different formulations and strengths suitable for different skin types. They will take away acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and dark spot with regular use.
Some of the natural skin lightening ingredients to look for in the soaps include arbutin, kojic acid, glutathione and placenta. These all natural ingredients will go a long way in lighting the skin without any negative effects. They are also free of harsh ingredients which could do more harm than good to the skin.
Also known as chicken peas, this legume will not only yield a lighter but softer skin as well. It is a great exfoliant and also gives the skin a glowing effect. It can be used in face masks for the purposes of whitening the skin. Below is a great recipe for its usage with other products.
- Mix a tablespoon of gram flour and an equal amount of milk cream.
- Add half a teaspoon of honey to this mixture followed by a few drops of lemon juice.
- Stir until a consistent paste is achieved.
- Apply this on the face and leave it on until it is completely dry.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse off the mask and repeat procedure daily
How to use baking soda to lighten skin quickly
A great way of lightening skin naturally is by topical application of baking soda. This as a remedy for skin lightening is strong and effective. It has been widely used as an underarm scrub to lighten skin around it resulting from shaving and the use of underarm cosmetic products. Better still, it doubles up as a deodorant. It helps to exfoliate the skin and get rid of unwanted coloration.
- Make a thick paste by combining baking soda with an equal amount of water. Use this to gently scrub the area of treatment.
- You can also incorporate it into your regular scrub for skin lightening and other benefits.
Home Remedies to Lighten Skin Naturally at Home
A number of skin discolorations can be alleviated through the use of home remedies to lighten skin. These go a long way in addressing various causes of unwanted pigmentation. When used consistently and in the right way, they will yield the desired results within no time. They come with the advantage of being readily available as well as affordable.
Honey for fast skin whitening
This product is both a humectant and an emollient in skin care. There are many different homemade recipes that include it for the purposes of brightening skin coloration. Below are different ways on how to lighten skin naturally with honey.
- Mix one portion of honey with half a portion of lemon juice. Apply the resulting mixture on the skin and allow to sit for15 minutes. Repeat procedure each day before sleeping.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey with a teaspoon of almond powder. Add a few drops of lemon juice to the resulting paste and apply on area of treatment. Rinse once it has dried up.
- You can also incorporate honey in facial masks. Add some honey to the final clay paste and apply on the face. Wait until it dries off before rinsing it off.
Lime and Lemon Juice for dark skin whitening
These fruits are highly packed with ascorbic and citric acid. When using lemons or limes for this specific purpose, it is important to be cautious. Ensure the juice does not get into the eyes as this can be very irritating. Always conduct a skin patch test before applying it on a large surface. In case during the usage process you develop some irritation on the skin, quit using it or dilute before using.
- Get a lime or lemon and cut it into halves. In its raw form, buff it on the area of treatment. Repeat this every evening before going to bed.
- You can also mix some lemon juice with a bit of yoghurt and apply the mask on your skin. Apply regularly for mild bleaching of the skin.
- Get an egg white and mix it with some lemon or lime juice. Beat the mixture until it is consistent. Apply this on the area of treatment and allow to dry. Rinse off using cold water.
Using milk to lighten skin naturally
When applied topically, lactic acid found in milk helps in diminishing the visibility of pigmentation and brightens complexion. Milk also contains calcium which when applied on the upper part of the skin helps in maintaining an effective barrier against loss of moisture. This way the skin is prevented from excessive dryness which could cause uneven skin color. Used regularly, this helps in making the skin lighten up.
- One way on how to lighten skin using milk is by pouring some into a bowl. Soak a clean piece of cloth into it and wring it out to only leave it well soaked but not dripping wet. Use the piece of cloth to buff the skin and keep refreshing it. Keep doing this for a few minutes and when finally done leave the face as is. Wash it off in the morning.
- Soak a sliced lemon in half a cup of milk for 15 minutes. Rub the resulting mixture on your face before you go to sleep. Wash it off thoroughly in the morning.
Over the Counter skin whitening Creams
There are some skin lightening creams for use at home that can help in getting your desired complexion. The most effective of these will contain alpha hydroxy acids or glycolic acid. Products containing retinol are also effective. These come with modest benefits and their usage over time will help brighten up your skin. Be certain to follow manufacturer directions to gain the most benefits from them.
Prescription Strength Products for Use at Home
Other than over the counter creams, it is also possible to get prescription strength creams for use at home. Hydroquinone products containing up to four percent content of it are safe for the skin. Anything beyond that is harmful. Hydroquinone inhibits pigment formation thus lightening the skin.
Tips and Precautions
In order for the natural and home remedies for skin lightening discussed above to work, regular and consistent usage is necessary. It may take some time before any visible changes occurs. In case after prolonged use there is no effect on your skin, you can switch to another product. Where the part being bleached is a scar, it is important to note that the remedies work best in fresh scars. Start the treatment as soon as the area has healed.
In case the usage of a given product causes irritation, quit using it and look for something that is gentle on your skin. To avoid this, you can try a remedy on a small part of your skin before applying it on a larger area. Also ensure that during the lightening duration you keep your skin well protected from exposure to direct sunlight.
- Dermadoctor.com: Skin Bleaching
- Doctoroz.com: Staying Safe with Skin Lightening.
- Mommygreenest.com: Five Minutes to Natural Skin Lightening
- Skin-care-recipes-and-remedies.com: Recipes for Bleaching Skin
- Beautynskincare.com: 5 Natural Skin Brighteners
- Naturalbeautytips.com: How to Lighten Skin